Open access is available to all members who have undertaken a course at Ochre Print Studio or who can demonstrate previous printmaking experience or who have attended a full induction session.
Beginners must attend a relevant course before using the facilities on their own. Refresher courses, workshops and demonstrations are regularly available. Full induction sessions on using the dark room facility or the etching room facility require a minimum of four hours each and are subject to a one-off charge of £30/hour plus materials. These should be booked with the relevant tutor.
A compulsory induction to the facility and our studio procedures, including Health & Safety, will be given at the beginning of your first open access session. These familiarisation sessions last approximately 30 minutes and are free of charge.
We offer our members the choice of four Open Access sessions each week:
10 am – 2 pm
Mornings: 10 am – 2 pm
Afternoons: 2 pm – 6 pm
Evenings: 6 pm – 9 pm
To speak to someone in the studio you may phone 07539 935312 during these Open Access times.
£16 / four hour session
£12 / three hour session / on Tuesday evenings
Booking an Open Access Session
Always book in advance to assure availability of the equipment you wish to use.
If you are screenprinting, you may book one of our three vacuumed beds:
Bed 1 (Fox) / Bed 2 (Mylar) / Bed 3 (Truemax)
If you are using an etching press, you cannot book a press for your sole use and may be asked to share a press depending on the size of your plates and what plates you are using. When you make a booking, please specify what size press you need and if you are printing etching plates, lino, drypoints or collagraphs etc so that we can allocate the correct etching press for your requirements.
Don’t forget to give notice if you need to cancel your Open Access booking!
For your information:
- You may provide your own materials during OA sessions but please check that they are compatible with our non-toxic policy
- A wide range of materials are available to buy in the studio at very reasonable prices
- Silkscreens are available to hire – information available in the studio
- Storage space cannot be provided for your own silkscreens unless a valid Frequent User card is in use
- Silkscreens are stored at the owner’s risk and OPS will take no responsibility for any damages
- Members are welcome to do their own preparatory work on plates and positives etc in the dry area of the studio during Open Access, without using any studio equipment, for a fee of £6/session
Frequent User Cards
These can be purchased in the studio – £144 for ten sessions
Free Open Access Sessions
Those attending weekend courses and courses that run for ten hours or more, will be offered a voucher for one free Open Access Session at the end of the course. This gives them the opportunity to complete unfinished work and/or put their learning into practise. Vouchers will be dated and must be used within one month of the completion of the course.