Open access is available to all members who have undertaken a course at Ochre Print Studio or who can demonstrate previous printmaking experience or who have attended a full induction session.
Beginners must attend a relevant course before using the facilities on their own. Refresher courses, workshops and demonstrations are regularly available.
Full induction sessions on using the dark room facility or the etching room facility require a minimum of four hours each and are subject to a one-off charge of £35/hour plus materials. These should be booked with the relevant tutor.
A compulsory induction to the facility and our studio procedures, including Health & Safety, will be given at the beginning of your first open access session. These familiarisation sessions last approximately 30 minutes and are free of charge.
From 25 May 2021 the number of members allowed in the studio during Open Access sessions will be increased from 2 to 5 (plus the technician on duty). In addition to this, 1 person may book screen preparation using the wet room and dark room facilities only.
Tuesday Open Access:
Evenings: 6 pm – 9 pm (Please note this is a 3-hour session)
Saturday Open Access:
Mornings: 10am to 2pm
Afternoons: 2pm to 6pm
To speak to someone in the studio you may phone 07539 935312 during these times.
All sessions cost £30 (This price will reduce to £20/session from 25 May)
Frequent User Cards
We offer a special online discount for ten sessions – pay for 9 and get 1 free.
These are available to all members and from 25 May will cost £180 for ten sessions – a saving of £20.
Sessions have to be booked online. You will need to purchase the voucher first and then use it when you book your sessions online. Click here.
Booking an Open Access Session / All sessions are to be booked in advance
- NEW!! BOOK ONLINE: click here
For your information:
- You may provide your own materials during OA sessions but please check that they are compatible with our non-toxic policy
- A wide range of materials are available to buy in the studio at very reasonable prices. Card payments only
- Storage space cannot be provided for your own silkscreens unless a valid Frequent User card is in use
- Silkscreens are stored at the owner’s risk and OPS will take no responsibility for any damages
24-hours notice of a booking cancellation is required. Without this, refunds cannot be given!
General Information for anyone attending the studio
- Please enter and exit via the main Reception
- Please sign in and out at Reception
- Visitors must use the sanitiser provided
- Visitors are required to wear a mask at all times, unless working within their allocated socially distanced space – for the safety of others using the facilities, there are no exceptions to this rule
Thank you for observing our current rules!