Open access is available to all members who have printmaking experience. Beginners must attend a relevant course before using the facilities on their own. Refresher courses, workshops and demonstrations are regularly available. A compulsory induction to the facility and our studio procedures, including Health & Safety, will take 30 minutes at the beginning of your first open access session.
We offer our members the choice of four Open Access sessions each week:
- Saturday Mornings: 10 am – 2 pm
- Tuesday Mornings: 10 am – 2 pm
- Tuesday Afternoons: 2 pm – 6 pm
- Tuesday Evening: 6 pm – 9 pm
To speak to someone in the studio you may phone 07539 935312 during Open Access times.
£16 / four hour session
£30 / full day (10am to 6pm on a Tuesday)
£12 / three hour session (on a Tuesday evening)
Frequent User Discount Card
Cost: £144 – Ten sessions, for the price of nine (normal price £160 for ten)
This card is valid for use for one year from date of purchase
For more information email: email@example.com
Booking an Open Access Session
Always book in advance to assure availability of the equipment you wish to use
Or phone / text: 07930 384753
If you are screenprinting, you may book one of our four vacuumed beds:
Bed 1 (Fox) / Bed 2 (Mylar) / Bed 3 (Truemax) / Bed 4 (Pottevac)
If you are using an etching press, you cannot book a press for your sole use and may be asked to share a press depending on the size of your plates and what plates you are using. When you make a booking, please specify what size press you need and if you are printing etching plates, lino, drypoints or collagraphs etc so that we can allocate the correct etching press for your requirements.
Don’t forget to give notice if you need to cancel your Open Access booking!
For your information:
- You may provide your own materials during OA sessions but please check that they are compatible with our non-toxic policy
- A wide range of materials are available to buy in the studio at very reasonable prices
- Silkscreens are available to hire – information available in the studio
- Storage space cannot be provided for your own silkscreens unless a valid Frequent User card is in use
- Silkscreens are stored at the owner’s risk and OPS will take no responsibility for any damages